elcome to thehildren'soom
My Rules for Online Safety
"My Rules for Online Safety is an excerpt from the brochure, Child Safety on the Information Highway. It is reprinted and distributed with permission of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC)
For further information on child safety, please call the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 1-800-THE-LOST (1-800-843- 5678).
1. I will not give out personal information such as my address, telephone number, parents work address/telephone number, or the name and location of my school without parents' permission.
2. I will tell my parents right away if I come across any infomation that makes me feel uncomfortable.
3. I will never agree to get together with someone I "meet" online without first checking with my parents. If my parents agree to the meeting, I will be sure that it is in a public place and bring my mother or father along.
4. I will never send a person my picture or anything else without first checking with my parents.
5. I will not respond to any messages that are mean or in any way make me feel uncomfortable. It is not my fault if I get a message like that. If I do, I will tell my parents right away so that they can contact the online service.
6. I will talk with my parents so that we can set up rules for going online, the length of time I can be online, and appropriate areas for me to visit. I will not access other areas or break rules without their permisson.